Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Hometown: Wixom, Michigan

YJI's "My Hometown" series continues with a thoughtful piece from Monica Blaze, our new student from Wixom, Michigan, making her YJI debut with a piece she named, "I'll Take You To Wixom." The winter photo below is by Colin Cuming, another Wixom teen, and used with permission.


December 13, 2010
 -- My hometown --
 I'll take you to Wixom ...
By Monica Blaze
WIXOM, Michigan, U.S.A. – A small city, often missed in the blink of an eye – or at least misinterpreted – is where I live.
Everyone knows everyone here. As the year progresses, everyone figures out they know more people than even they thought they did.
I’ll take you through a year of my city, and by the end, you will know everyone who lives in Wixom.
For the rest of Monica's piece, and more photos of Wixom in all seasons, click here.

No comments: