Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Around the World: New York, U.S.A.

December 21, 2009
When Mom's the minister on Christmas
 By Luke Pearson

 HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, New York, U.S.A. – When most people think of Christmas, they automatically think about Santa Claus, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and presents.
People in our modern era have lost touch with the real meaning of Christmas. But my family is not like other families during the Christmas season because my mother is a minister for Grace Episcopal Church.
Ever since I was a little child, I’ve gone to church during the Christmas season. My mother and father taught me the lessons from the Gospel and told me to “always remember what Christmas is really about.”
To read the rest of Luke's piece about being a minister's kid, click here.

No comments: